vi

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Dune Bashing Time!

This Friday I went to the Umm Al Quwain desert with my best friend for some dune bashing! We've been to many places together, but this time I thought I'd make a video of it! It was 4pm, and the weather was perfect for a desert drive! We made our way to a large dune. There were many cars, quad bikes and buggies having fun. In fact there was also an old Toyota Corolla trying to climb the dune (for fun of course - he would never have made it!). I missed making a video of that, but check out the rest of vids! It's not high quality coz I made it with my mobile camera, but good enough for these small clips plus it's WITH SOUND!! You can hear me and my friend talking! :) Enjoy the show!


Here we are on our way to the big dune. It's quite far in the desert.



We're going to drive up on this huge dune, onto the other side and we make it to the higest point. Oh yeah!! Now I can see all you little people down there! ;)



Check out these dune buggies challenging the dune!



Another video of these buggies. Really powerful engines!



We got stopped by these camels on the way back to the main road. They asked for our visa and IDs. Ha.. just kidding!

18 Comments:

Blogger nzm said...

Excellent fun!

The second video isn't working - YouTube syas that it's no longer available.

11/11/2006 3:22 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

@nzm.. I fixed it! you can watch it now!

11/11/2006 3:28 PM  
Blogger Destitute Rebel said...

Good videos, must have had fun, Me thinks I gotta do more of this myself. But i'm more of a water guy, Any suggestions?

11/12/2006 1:22 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

@Dreb.. take a waterproof camera with u!

11/12/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Destitute Rebel said...

I did- it was a shitty one, underwater cameras are damned expensive.

11/12/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger EXSENO said...

I think your mobile camera did a very good job. I really enjoyed watching the videos.

11/13/2006 5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the videos. I always wanted to see a sand dune in UAE.

I bet those camels have no trouble with the dunes.

11/14/2006 1:51 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

These camels look docile and peaceful, but they're difficult to handle and can harm you if go near.

11/14/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger Arab Lady said...

: ( (

I’m jealous, jealous, and jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/15/2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

I might go to another area this friday! Anyone wanna join? :D

11/16/2006 8:49 AM  
Blogger Arab Lady said...

E7im e7im
Do u usually c chicks going there! Or am the only weirdo female!
& wut time ppl go there …yalla wanna details plz!

11/16/2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

Last friday I went there I saw 2 hot chicks on quadbikes with another guy (must be the guide). They came from behind us. Looked around and then went off into the sunset! Even though the sun was burning my eyes, I still managed to get a good look!! hahahaha.....

Best time to go is early morning. You have more time to spend. But we usually go in the afternoon around 2, coz I cant manage to get up early morning on a friday!!!

11/16/2006 1:31 PM  
Blogger * said...

@CLAYF
HOT CHICKS! In that weather even u must have qualified as HOT!! HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHH!
Great vids. Looks like u had soooo MUCH fun....sulk mumble grumble....while I was a bloody evacuee with no home.

11/19/2006 8:51 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

We went again this friday. I'll post some more vids today maybe if I get the time!

11/19/2006 8:56 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

Oh look who dropped by.. the elusive ella!

11/19/2006 12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you keep calling me that, really im not that puzzeling :P

11/20/2006 2:17 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

One day I will solve the puzzle that is Ella! :P and so on and so forth... I don't know what I'm talking about!

11/20/2006 12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Local people in Dubai seem to be extremely nice and friendly. And I really mean that! We were taken by their hospitality and authentic interest in our country, religion, customs, etc… Our hosts were also very keen on sharing the knowledge about their country with us. We were lucky to be invited to the desert picnic with locals. We eat lamb in the tent (using nothing but our hands) and had coffee and deserts under the night sky full of stars. And at that time i realized that tourist are coming to see not only breathtaking Dubai property constructions, but also to view this ocean of sand because a desert is a living, vital place.
It is like another world. It is so calm and peaceful. It was one of those moments that I’ll never forget.
Thank you!

1/23/2008 2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home