vi

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Ramadan Kareem!


The Messenger of Allah (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) addressed his companions on the last day of Sha`ban, saying, “Oh people! A great month has come over you; a blessed month; a month in which is a night better than a thousand months; a month in which Allah has made it compulsory upon you to fast by day, and voluntary to pray by night.
Whoever draws nearer (to Allah) by performing any of the (optional) good deeds in (this month) shall receive the same reward as performing an obligatory deed at any other time, and whoever discharges an obligatory deed in (this month) shall receive the reward of performing seventy obligatory deeds at any other time.
It is the month of patience, and the reward of patience is Heaven. It is the month of charity, and a month in which a believer’s sustenance is increased. Whoever gives food to a fasting person to break his fast, shall have his sins forgiven, and he will be saved from the Fire of Hell, and he shall have the same reward as the fasting person, without his reward being diminished at all.” [Narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah]
** taken from Breathe Islam

16 Comments:

Blogger flamin said...

Ramadan Kareem Clay! Thanks for sharing these words. It is a blessed month, indeed and from whatever has happened with me lately...I value this Ramadan so much more because I tell myself, "What if this is my last?"; that's how I'm living each day more or less. It's amazing how humble it makes you.

Once again, Ramadan Kareem to you and your family and may Allah bless us, guide us and protect us from evil. Ameen.

9/23/2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

Ramadan kareem md, to you and your family!

You know what, I think fresh lemonade is the best drink to have at iftar!

9/24/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger flamin said...

I prefer fresh watermelon juice :P

9/25/2006 12:15 AM  
Blogger Bee Amma said...

ramadan mubarak!!! thanks for visitn my blog and sorry it took so long so say hello :)

9/25/2006 2:39 AM  
Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Ramadan Kareem! :) or the desi style Ramzaan mubarik!

9/25/2006 2:44 PM  
Blogger * said...

abh taak to tum ko yeh patta chal gaya hoga.
RAMZAAAN MUBAREEEEK ! (LOL)

9/26/2006 4:06 PM  
Blogger Bravecat said...

Ramadan Kareem! :^)

10/01/2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger * said...

Kiddhar ho miyah?
Na yaha na wahan?
Make an appearence SOON!!!!

10/02/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Arab Lady said...

Hey
am i somehow late? i wanna say Ramadan Kareem to YOU CLAY :D

10/10/2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

@ella.. I'm here! here and there! and everywhere!

10/17/2006 11:11 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

You know, Eid is not like it used to be here. I miss all the festivities, the joy and the overall feeling of spiritual delight! The last few years have seen Dubai and the rest of the emirates become more commercial. The islamic holidays are not as celebrated as xmas, new years and valentines! Don't you think so? All that, plus, except for my mom and bro, I don't have any family here.

So, yeah, you could say it's pretty much going to be a boring Eid.

10/18/2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger * said...

OHOOOOO CLAY F Post something why Doncha!
Go and vote for me on tainted's blog.( its be nice to this ole lady day today)
Kuch bhalla karro.

10/18/2006 9:18 PM  
Blogger Arab Lady said...

LAZZZZZZZZZY

10/19/2006 1:45 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

@kaya.. Ok I voted for you! you have the majority of votes! I'm not surprised! anyways.. why am I not on the Mr. Blogger 2006?! who made that list? :(

@arablady.. yeah I've been lazy throughout ramadan! sleep and shisha, sleep and shisha..... :)

10/19/2006 10:30 AM  
Blogger Arab Lady said...

May i ask
why i'm not on the Miss. Blogger 2006?! :(((

Do i need Wasta or wut!!!

10/20/2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

@ella.. the government people have all the luck! They have eid holidays for a week and I get only 2!! :( I'll just have to make the most of these measly 2 days!! :(

@arablady.. I guess you didn't flirt with the male judges!! ;)

10/21/2006 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home