vi

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Weekend Trip

I'll be going to Al Ain this weekend. Need to get out of Dubai for a change! My friends and I will be staying the the Mercure Hotel on Jebel Hafeet. I heard its nice, plus my friend works there as well so I'm expecting a sizable discount on room charges!!

Does anyone know of any cool places to visit? I rarely go to Al Ain so I don't know much. My family and I stayed in Al Ain for 2 years from 1990 to 1992. There was nothing much there at the time. So, if you have any nice places in mind, do let me know!

Adios!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jebel Hafeet was my suggestion, but you are already staying there.

Green Mubazzarah is also worth a visit.

Check this also.

8/31/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Brn said...

Here is what I would suggest:

The Oasis downtown

The Camel Souk - it doesn't take long to see, but it is cool to see that many camels all in one place.

Hili Archeology Park

I agree with bean about Green Mubazzarah too.

8/31/2006 3:47 PM  
Blogger Brn said...

Oh, and the Al Ain Museum, at the edge of the oasis. It has a lot of really interesting stuff from the pre-Emirates days of Al Ain and Sheikh Zayed.

8/31/2006 5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm.. there is this place called mubazara.. it's by Jabal hafeet..
it's a great place..

inshaAllah you enjoy your time there

8/31/2006 6:18 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

Thanks everyone... I'll definitely visit those places. What about the al ain zoo. Is it still open? Anyone been there recently?

8/31/2006 7:29 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

Of course there's the Al Ain Zoo! We visited it just the other day. The new section is great. They have finally decided to upgrade the rest of the zoo, so a lot is blocked. But still worth a visit.

9/01/2006 9:29 AM  
Blogger Arab Lady said...

i hate both AD & AL Ain!!

9/01/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

It's not about liking or hating the place! Sometimes I just need to get out of Dubai for a while and go to a place with a relaxed atmosphere. Where people are walking, not running!

9/03/2006 10:05 AM  
Blogger flamin said...

I agree. I hope you had a good getaway. I need a getaway too...but oh well.

9/03/2006 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home