vi

Monday, September 12, 2005

And Now The New York Times!

Fascinating! Blogging in the UAE has become ever popular since Secret Dubai Diary's blog was blocked by Etisalat and the story was published in the paper. And, as you are all aware, eventually it was unblocked.
More controversially, content that verges on the political has also been blocked: Secret Dubai Diary, a quirky blog about Western expatriate life here, was blocked for weeks this summer, raising howls from the blogger community. Etisalat says users can appeal to have a block removed.
Secret Dubai Diary made to the New York Times! (on page 2). I don't know if the blog was as popular as it has become now, but I'm sure almost all local bloggers want to be there when the blog is updated next. Even small articles draw so many comments from readers.
To be honest, I never thought of blogging until I read that article in the paper. In fact, I was surprised to find so many local bloggers writing on such diverse topics - from anything to everything! This prompted me to start my own blog and see how it goes from there. Only thing is, one has to be regular in posting to attract readers, and I try my best to do that. Even though I have a very hectic daily schedule, I find some time to post my thoughts/opinions online.
So, Secret Dubai Diary... kudos to you!

4 Comments:

Blogger secretdubai said...

Thank you for this post! It was quite exciting getting into the NYT. I hope more of us make headlines in future - quite a lot of people here are breaking news stories and such, but there hasn't been much recognition of it yet.

9/13/2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

I have so much stuff I want to write about, but just cannot find the time these days to relax in front of the PC and do it! Most of my pieces are written in a hurry!

But at least I manage to put something online that might interest other readers! :o)

9/13/2005 8:01 PM  
Blogger YelJay said...

well, just like you, I have been influenced to write mine because of this incident. Since discovering blogs, I can never make my day complete without being pepped up by a blog here in UAE, including yours too.
Cheers!

9/14/2005 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

il loans for college with bad credit � qualcosa che non possa dire abbastanza circa.Sincerely, Lyman loans for college with bad credit

1/20/2006 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home