vi

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Voice Mail Woes!

Voice Mail : Hi! This is .... I'm not available right now. Please leave your name and number and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Caller : ((( click )))

That is so damn annoying! I get about 30 calls on voice mail a day and more than 20 of them are just sounds of the phone hanging up. For those of you who have experienced this, you know what I'm talking about. Sometimes the same person calls several times (I know because I get the number) and still never leaves a message.

Check this out : Once a person complained to my colleague that he called so many times but I'm never there. I check my voice mail and find that he called 7 times - but NO message. I call him back and ask him if the matter is so important why didn't he leave a message. He replies, and I quote, "Oh, I never leave messages!" Unbelievable! So then we both had a nice conversation after that.

The most irritating thing is when in a message I can just hear cars whizzing by and honking and the car radio blaring in the background.

Wish I didn't have the facility of voice mail here. Then the phone can just ring forever!

1 Comments:

Blogger Keef said...

My office phone number in Media City is one digit different from one used by an MBC radio station - whenever they run a phone-in competition I get dozens of non-messages - folks who couldn't understand why they got my ordinary voicemail announcement rather than a cheery MBC presenter. But they all stay on the line until the beep happens, and then I get the recorded sound of the kids playing in the back of car, or the caller singing in Arabic, or occasionally a bit of verbal abuse.

9/09/2005 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home