vi

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Petrol Price Panic!

Unbelievable car queues at every petrol station since the announcement of of the price hike! The new prices were to take effect from 1st Sep. but Gulf News reported that some stations had already started charging the new prices from 30th Aug.

I was at an Eppco station opposite Wafi to pay for my credit card bills and everyone was filling up car tanks to full! It was like those cases during the coming of the new millenium year 2000 (Y2K) where people were stocking up all kinds of goods - when the end of the world was just around the corner! OK... so they will fill their tanks today, make the best of the low prices for one last time, drive their cars for a day or two or three and then ... well you have to fill up the tank again!

It was ridiculous! And I'm ashamed to admit it, but I too was a part of that ridiculous queue!!! I thought "Oh what the hell, if everyone is doing it, so I might as well save a few bucks too!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home