vi

Saturday, June 30, 2007

My 30th Birthday!

The big Three-Oh!!! Time doesn't fly... it's on warp speed 9! It's like yesterday I was 20 and today I'm 10 yrs older. Well... you deal with life as you go. You can't change the world and you can't turn back the clock, but you adjust yourself as you go along. Everyday is a new experience. I've learned that as you grow older, you realize that everything you've done before, when you were younger, has consequences, whether good or bad, but only now you see them and go "Oh shit yeaaaah... no wonder!!"
Everything you say or do affects others around you. You have responsibilities and obligations, more now than ever before and the list will grow as you age. But that doesn't mean you can't be a kid at heart! Hell, I still am!! Screw 'em who tell you to act your age. There's a time and place to show maturity, to "act your age", but if you do it all the time then you're just gonna die a boring old fart. Do the things you always wanted to do. Buy the things you always wanted to buy. What're you saving all that money for? The next generation? If you're destined to lose all that money and fall to your knees, then it's gonna happen anyway. So you might as well enjoy life everyday. You only live once... but live your life with dignity and honour so later people will remember you that way.
Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Jayne said...

Happy Happy Birfday hon......mwah! Big (motherly of course, seeing as I'm old enough to be your mum) kiss & hug to you.

6/30/2007 7:28 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

Thanx jin! I accept your motherly kiss n hug! lol :D

7/01/2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger nzm said...

Happy habby birthday, Clayfuture - may all your dreams come true!

7/04/2007 8:06 AM  
Blogger Radha said...

belated birthday wishes!!
Lol @ >>everything you've done before, when you were younger, has consequences, whether good or bad, but only now you see them and go "Oh shit yeaaaah... no wonder!!"

7/04/2007 9:24 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

Thank u ladies! It was a boring birthday.. nevermind! :D

7/04/2007 10:03 AM  
Blogger * said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLAYF!.
Sorry it is so late.
(shame on me)
BIG HUG AND KISS(sisterly this time).
Wah Kya kismat hai. Behan or maa...kay hugs and kisses. LOL!!!

7/04/2007 6:30 PM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

so now i have sisterly and motherly hugs n kisses.. what more can i ask for!! :D

7/04/2007 8:40 PM  
Blogger UAE ALIAS said...

HAPPY BDAY!
Man I didn't know! we should throw u a party, me ArabGirl and Ella... u are right about the consequences of what we do, and that we don't realise it till later... u told me that once as a comment on one of my dark posts and I still remember it whenever I get in trouble, u are a wise man for a 30 yrs old + I agree that we shouldn't let go of the kid in our hearts :)
I love ur mother send her my regards :)

7/05/2007 4:19 AM  
Blogger clayfuture said...

thanx so much for your good wishes uaealias!! I don't think I'm a "wise" man for a 30 yr old, but I'm just saying from experience. The older you get, the wiser you become right?! :) Of course, there is still the odd moment of immaturity and downright childishness, but hey who cares, just be yourself!! :P
And thanx for thinking bout my mom!

7/05/2007 9:26 AM  
Blogger Bravecat said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a blast! :D

7/06/2007 10:04 AM  
Blogger Hanan said...

Happy Birthday Clay!!! I was dreading my big 25 (in 3 days) and then I read this! And the whole "act your age" bit: Love it!
Thaaaaaaaaaaaanks! =)

8/04/2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger i*maginate said...

Happy belated birthday! Great sentiments and philosophy with regard to aging.

I suppose all of us deal with "growing up" in different ways, it's a hard one. Especially when those around us are much younger than us and even though we feel as young as them, our actual age is much more lol.

Hope you had a nice celebration and all the best for the year ahead :)

8/10/2007 3:10 AM  
Blogger flamin said...

Hey Clay!

It's been ages...I know. I just wanted to drop by and say hello and wish you a much-belated Birthday. I always thought you might be around 25 years old ;) And and and...I hope Insha'allah the wedding thing works out for you.

Since my blog is sealed (lol), you can e-mail me at funky.randomness@yahoo.com if you ever want to.

11/27/2007 3:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just came across this and I feel the same way! I'm turning thirty soon and going through many of the same thoughts...

6/22/2010 4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home